Madison, Wis, — HealthDecision, Inc., a developer of decision support and shared decision-making (SDM) software for clinicians and patients at the point of care, announced today that it has joined the recently opened Epic App Orchard Marketplace.
The App Orchard provides a marketplace for third-party developers to make pre-approved apps available to Epic customers, ensuring that the apps seamlessly integrate with the widely used electronic health record (EHR) software.
Dr. Jon Keevil, CEO and founder of HealthDecision, said, “We’re excited to be approved for the Epic App Orchard right as they open, and the process has been smooth and transparent. While HealthDecision has been commercially available since 2014, inclusion within the App Orchard makes it easier to stay abreast of changes within the EHR to better serve our customers.”
Integrated within EHR systems to be used at the point of patient care, HealthDecision’s suite of SDM tools automatically pulls in a patient’s relevant healthcare data and runs complex calculations to provide a patient’s personalized risk for the healthcare issue at hand. HealthDecision’s tools address topics including:
- Atrial Fibrillation: demonstrates change in a patient’s risk of stroke or bleeding from anticoagulants.
- Cardiovascular Risk: shows the benefits of various statin medications and smoking cessation.
- Lung Cancer Screening: illustrates mortality reduction vs. the risks of chest CT scans for current and former smokers.
- Breast Cancer Screening: predicts and displays the deaths avoided as well as possible harms associated with mammography screenings and false alarms.
- Osteoporosis: calculates FRAX and visually demonstrates the benefits and harms of anti-fracture medications.
About HealthDecision, Inc.
HealthDecision develops a medical software platform of clinician decision support and shared decision-making tools enabling focused, clearer clinician-patient discussions exploring the benefits and harms of medical options. Built by physicians for physicians and their patients, the HealthDecision software suite currently contains tools that improve decisions about cardiovascular risk, atrial fibrillation, osteoporosis, lung cancer and mammogram screening. The Company collaborates with leading medical specialists and primary care clinicians at institutions with deep expertise to develop new tools. The HealthDecision platform is integrated into the clinicians’ standard workflow within the EHR; incorporates the latest medical guidelines and performs complex risk calculations; creates individualized risk illustrations; and documents SDM, which is increasingly required for reimbursement. HealthDecision is based in Madison, Wisc. For more information, please visit www.healthdecision.com.