HealthDecision develops a medical software platform of “shared decision making” tools enabling focused, clearer clinician-patient discussions exploring the benefits and harms of medical options. Built by physicians for physicians and their patients, the HealthDecision software suite is integrated into the clinicians’ standard workflow within the EHR; incorporates the latest medical guidelines and performs complex risk calculations; and documents shared decision making, which is increasingly required for reimbursement. The Company collaborates with leading medical specialists and institutions with deep expertise to develop new tools. HealthDecision is based in Madison, Wisconsin.
Proven Tools Build Trust
- Tools are developed by clinicians who deeply understand the subject matter.
- Integration of the medical literature incorporates the latest guidelines, risk scores, and analyses to provide decision support for clinicians
- Decades of clinical experience distil the key steps to guide patients through the decision-making process.
- Research-proven, best practice risk communication visuals display both the positive and negative outcomes of a particular decision on a single graphic for ease of comparison. These visual icon arrays aid patients in understanding the complexities of different decisions.
- These tools can be integrated into an existing EHR workflow and already have been used for over 6 years, reaching a rate of more than 22,000 patients a year.